Downloaded from studykare.com
23 April 2018 Current Affairs
1. Which animal will remain the largest mammal of the earth after 200 years?
Correct Answer: [A] Cow
According to a recent research, the disappearance of animals that reached the brink of extinction from the earth and the disappearance of extinction would have been continued, then 200 years later, the cow would be the largest mammal of the species.
Studies conducted by researchers at the US-based University of New Mexico believe that in the coming years, species such as elephants, giraffes and hippopotamus will reach the brink of extinction and the cow will be the only organism that will survive extinction. According to researchers, its biggest cause is not climate change but humans.
Key facts of research
• Researchers say that extinction of animals is not an accident. This process has been running for about one lakh 25 thousand years.
• When the ancient inhabitants of Africa, such as Neanderthal began to spread in other continents, the incidence of extinction of large-scale mammals accelerated.
• Due to human activities, large animals were extinct and this is still happening in the present.
• It has been reported in the study that the average size of African mammalian animals was 50 percent less than the other continent’s organisms 1 million 25 thousand years ago. From the end of the Pleistocene era, ancient humans began to influence the diversity of their mammals and their size.
• Pleistocene was a period up to 260 million years ago from 11760 years ago. Over time, as humans began spreading throughout the world, many species of woolly rhinoceroses, mammoths, camels, ground living giant sloths, small-faced bears, and wild cats became extinct.
Researchers have said in the report that Africa is the largest continent after Asia, and there are large number of mammals living there. Humans have sacrificed their livelihood to these big animals, which resulted in a decline in their numbers.
2. Which team has won the 2018 Indian Super Cup football tournament?
[A] East Bengal FC
[B] Kerala Blasters FC
[C] Bengaluru FC
[D] Churchill Brothers FC
Correct Answer: C [Bengaluru FC]
The first Indian Super Cup football tournament is won by Bengaluru FC. Bengaluru FC defeated East Bengal FC 4-1 at the Kalinga Stadium of Bhubaneswar. This competition was sponsored by Hero Motors Corporation and is also called Hero Super Cup.
3. What has the RBI required to open an account in banks?
[A] pen card
[B] Aadhar card
[C] Voter ID
[D] ration cards
Correct Answer: [B] Aadhar card
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has made the Aadhaar card necessary for opening an account in banks. Although it will be implemented only after the verdict of the Supreme Court, till the Supreme Court’s decision comes, then only this guideline will have to be followed.
It has been said in the notification issued by the Reserve Bank of India that this step is essential for the financial security of the consumers and service providers of the bank.
New guidelines issued by RBI
• The Reserve Bank of India has said that no account can be opened without banks.
• New customers have to give only Aadhar number, PAN number or Form 60 as KYC.
• RBI said that the Central Government had amended the PMLA Act in June 2017, in which the basis was required for all financial accounts.
• The RBI has also said that this guideline will be applicable to all the banks and other companies controlled by them.
• Though these rules will not apply in Jammu and Kashmir, Assam and Meghalaya.
To enter name and address
In the new norms, the old section has been removed in which the State Government or Gazette allows address or name or identity of a copy of the marriage certificate issued by the notification. This indicates a change in name with a certified copy of the ‘officially valid document’ in the person’s current name. It has now been changed to only Aadhar card.
4. The world’s oldest woman, Nabi Tajima, died. From which country did he belong?
[C] South Korea
Correct Answer: A [Japan]
Nabi Tajima, the world’s oldest woman, died at the age of 117 in Kikaiya, Japan. He was born on August 4, 1900. They have more than 160 descendants. She was the only woman born in the 19th century. She had earlier become the oldest woman in the world after Jamaica’s Violet Brown died at the age of 117.
5. Which city has emerged as the top city for office expansion?
Correct Answer: [D] Bengaluru
According to a survey by real estate consulting firm CBRE South Asia, in India, Bangalore has emerged as the most preferred city for the expansion of the office.
According to CBRE Asia Pacific Survey 2018, multinationals are focusing on expansion in small cities across Bangalore and the country, but development schemes in Delhi NCR and Mumbai are limited.
6. Tim Burgling, who recently passed away, was a famous musician of which country?
Correct Answer: D [Sweden]
Famous musician Tim Burlingling of Sweden died on 21 April 2018 in Muscat, Oman. He was a famous musician, DJ producer and music director of Sweden. He was known as DJ AVC. ‘Wake Me Up’ and ‘Levels’ were his famous songs.
7. World Earth Day is celebrated?
[A] April 20
[B] April 21
[C] April 22
[D] April 23
Correct Answer: C [April 22]
World Earth Day is celebrated on April 22 every year. Its aim is to spread awareness on environmental protection. The decision to celebrate this was taken in the UNESCO meeting in 1969. First World Earth Day was celebrated in 1970. 48 years ago, credit goes to U.S. Senator Gord Nielsen. Its 2018 theme is “And Plastic Polution”. Its purpose is to encourage people to cut on the consumption of plastic so that each person will pay attention to the number of plastic items that are consumed annually and make conscious efforts to reduce the amount. According to a research, plastic is a highly dangerous pollutant that can last for more than 2000 years.
8. Who will be the only Indian filmmaker in Madame Tussaud’s museum?
[A] Neeraj Pandey
[B] Rajkumar Hirani
[C] Karan Johar
[D] Shutted Sircar
Correct Answer: C [Karan Johar]
Karan Johar became the first Indian filmmaker to be inducted into Madame Tussaud’s museum. This work has started in London and it will take 6 months to complete. His main films are ‘Something happens’, ‘My name is Khan’, ‘Ye jawani hai civil’, ‘agneepath’, ‘wake up syed’, ‘a heart is tough’. Before this, the honors have been received by Shah Rukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Salman Khan, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Anil Kapoor, Sachin Tendulkar, Katrina Kaif, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Hrithik Roshan, Madhuri Dixit, Prabha and Varun Dhawan.
9. Which country has opened TWTC in Delhi to promote relations in India?
[C] Saudi Arabia
Correct Answer: Option A Taipei
Taipei Country opened WTC in Delhi to promote relations in India.
10. In which country is the meeting of Foreign Ministers of the member countries of SCO?
Correct Answer: A [China]
The meetings of the Foreign Ministers of Shanghai Cooperation Organization will be held on 24 April 2018 in Beijing’s capital Beijing. In this, the Indian delegation will be led by the Indian Foreign Minister, Mrs. Sushma Swaraj. Sushma Swaraj is on a six-day foreign trip in which she will travel to China and Mongolia. This meeting is being seen as a meeting of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization in June 2018, in which Prime Minister Narendra Modi will participate.